Winter is winding down, and it’s time to start thinking about putting away your winter gear until next season. From snowmobiles and snow blowers to skis and snowboards, properly storing your winter equipment is important to ensure it stays in good condition for next year’s snowfall. Here are some tips for storing your winter gear safely.
- Clean and Dry Your Equipment: Before storing your winter gear, make sure it is clean and dry. Clean snowmobiles and snow blowers of any dirt or debris, and give skis and snowboards a good waxing to prevent rusting.
- Store in a Dry Place: When choosing a storage location for your winter gear, it’s important to select a dry and cool place. Avoid storing your equipment in damp basements or garages, as moisture can cause damage to your gear over time.
- Cover Your Equipment: To keep your winter gear protected from dust and debris, cover it with a clean tarp or specialized storage cover. This will also protect your gear from any accidental spills or scratches.
- Store Skis and Snowboards Properly: When storing skis and snowboards, it’s important to store them flat or standing upright in a rack. Avoid leaning them against walls, as this can cause damage to the edges.
- Disconnect Batteries: If you are storing a snowmobile or snow blower, remove the battery before storing. This will help prevent any battery corrosion or acid leaks that can damage your equipment.
By following these tips, you can keep your winter gear safe and in good condition until next season. Properly storing your snowmobiles, snow blowers, skis, and other winter gear can help extend their lifespan and ensure they’re ready to use when the snow starts falling again.
At Yellowhead Storage, we offer storage solutions to fit all of your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our storage options and how we can help you keep your winter gear safe and secure until next season.