Shipping container rentals have become increasingly popular in recent years as more and more businesses and construction sites seek extra onsite storage solutions. These large steel boxes have a variety of uses, including as secure storage units, temporary office spaces, and even as mobile workshops.
If you’re considering renting a shipping container for your business or construction site, here’s everything you need to know.
What are shipping containers?
Shipping containers are large, steel boxes that are typically used to transport goods over long distances. They come in a variety of sizes, but the most common size is the 40-foot and 20-foot container. These containers are extremely durable and weather-resistant, making them ideal for storage purposes.
Why rent a shipping container?
There are many reasons why you might want to rent a shipping container. Here are just a few:
- Extra storage space: If your business or construction site is running out of space, a shipping container can provide you with extra storage space without the need to build an expensive permanent structure.
- Secure storage: Shipping containers are incredibly secure, with strong locks and steel walls that are difficult to break into. This makes them ideal for storing valuable equipment, tools, or materials.
- Temporary office space: Shipping containers can be converted into temporary office spaces, providing a comfortable and secure place for your team to work onsite.
- Mobile workshops: If you need to move your workshop from site to site, a shipping container can be converted into a mobile workshop, complete with all the tools and equipment you need.
How to rent a shipping container
Renting a shipping container is a straightforward process. Here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Choose the size and type of container you need: Shipping containers come in a variety of sizes and types, so choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Contact a rental company: There are many companies that rent shipping containers, so do some research and choose one that has a good reputation and offers competitive prices.
- Arrange delivery: The rental company will deliver the container to your site, and you’ll need to make sure you have enough space for it and any equipment needed to unload it.
- Load up the container: Once the container is on site, you can start loading it up with whatever you need to store or use inside.
- Return the container: When you’re done with the container, the rental company will come and pick it up.
Renting a shipping container can be a great solution if you need extra storage or workspace at your business or construction site. With their durability and security, shipping containers provide a cost-effective and flexible option for a variety of needs. Just make sure to choose a reputable rental company and plan ahead for delivery and pickup. Contact our team at Yellowhead Storage for more information about our container rental services.